5 Best Alcohol & Bar-B-Q Pairings March 08 2017
Some say that the best pairings bring out the best in one another. In this case, that holds true. Bar-B-Q food is a classic and is best when kept simple. These alcohol pairings are the same way. Below, we’ve laid out our favorite drinks that intertwine perfectly with your southern inspired BBQ. Try out these simple boozy Bar-B-Q pairings to take your average cook-out to the next level.
- While certain beers may work better with certain sauces, beer is a great pairing for any BBQ meal. Cold, refreshing, and hoppy; beer will be your go-to when having a Bar-B-Q.
- Red wine has been known to pair perfectly with meat. The smoky and savory texture of the meat tastes amazing with the rich character associated with red wine grapes.
- Bourbon is from the south, and so is Bar-B-Q! These two southern delicacies go hand in hand. Bourbon’s rich taste is something that a BBQ can’t live without.
- Rosé is sweet, light, and incredibly delicious. Though at first you wouldn’t think to pair it with Bar-B-Q, we can promise it tastes amazing. It’s light texture and taste are a lovely compliment to meaty, hearty flavors.
- Grab a classic glass of Jack Daniels and pair it with your favorite rack of ribs (Bubbas Boneless Bar-B-Q ribs, anyone?). Tennessee whiskey is naturally smooth with hints of caramel and sweetness. It tastes amazing when paired with BBQ food, or even in your favorite BBQ sauce.