Bubba’s BBQ Chili February 27 2017
Savory, spicy, smoky, and incredibly delicious, this chili is all of the above. Spice up your traditional chili recipe with this BBQ Chili! Chili is a traditional comfort food and is something that is loved by all. Though warm recipes may seem reserved for the winter months, this is a dish that’s great all year around. It’s the best side for Bubba’s Q Boneless Ribs and works as a perfect piece in a summer BBQ. The best news? This recipe doesn’t take long to come together and will be a hit with the entire family. Give it a try & let us know how you like it. Also, please let us know if you have a family chili recipe that we should try. Enjoy!
Bubba’s BBQ Chili
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder feel free to add more if you like things on the spicier side
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 4 (16 oz.) cans chili beans
- ¾ picante sauce
- ¾ cup of Bubba’s Q barbecue sauce
- Sauté onion in a large pot in 2 Tbsp. of oil.
- Add ground beef and minced garlic. Add in the chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix and cook covered over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is totally cooked.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and beans.
- Add any additional chili powder and/or red pepper flakes to taste.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or more.
- Let simmer for up to 2 hours or as long as you can wait! The longer it sits, the yummier it gets. It’s great the next day and the day after, too!
- Serve with your choice of toppings on top. We like sour cream, shredded cheese, and some Bubbas Boneless Ribs.